I thought I’d just say my bit and leave. Press J to scroll to the next post I guess. Please refrain from deleting this caption, although if you’d just like pretty flower crown celestia wallpaper on your blog, that’s okay too.
I don’t consider myself a brony, nor do I consider myself a social justice blogger. I consider myself a person with an opinion, just as I see everyone else, and I’ll defend my right to say what I want to the death, as I will other people. I just hope that with what I’m saying, people can come to a more educated point.
Joseco was one of the reasons I joined the fandom and made my first tumblr blog, others being berry pnuch and pinkamina (swaetshrit and crooked trees as they were known). Granted, as humans do, they make light of certain taboo/difficult subjects, like molestation, rape, murder, alcoholism, etc. This does not mean it’s justified in a majority. Just because it makes people laugh doesn’t mean it shouldn’t make people uncomfortable.
That being said, just because it makes someone uncomfortable doesn’t give other people a free pass calling them SJBs or telling them to stop whining because people enjoy it. I’ve tried to stay relatively clear of the molestia blog, just because I don’t like it. I didn’t find it particularly hilarious and nor do I now.
As some people know, a few months ago I was subjected to molestation from a man I barely knew. My boss, even. An authoritative figure. It’s safe to say that this subject triggers me a bit, and naturally I’m on the pro side. But, I’d just like to remind people that rape and molestation/sexual assault/indecent assault aredifferent things. That does not mean that it’s okay to joke about one and not the other. It’s just not okay to joke about any of them, especially in front of people who might have been exposed to such things in their life, and who have been scarred by it.
The blog might not say it outright, but it’s insinuating that people of power have every right to subject their underlings to uncomfortable, dangerous and potentially scarring situations simply because they’re on top. It’s making a joke about it. Let me tell you, when you’ve experienced it, it’s not funny. And it’s not okay to degrade someone because of their opinion on a blog containing colorful horses. The characters might not be real, but the experiences are incredibly real to them.
I’m definitely not saying that people should overthrow the blog because of the content, nor am I saying that people should be against taking it down because they enjoy it. I’m simply putting forth my opinion.
Maybe it would be best to offer a compromise. It’s safe to say that JJ takes pride in his blog and number of followers. Maybe he should just change the name and tone down the insinuation of molestation/rape. That way, everyone’s happy. We have JJ’s celestia, and the blog stays popular. I recently saw a post from fluttershy-replies with a whole bunch of hilarious renames that would still be funny.
I for one think it’s not a bad idea, simply because of the massive amount of people who follow him. That being said, he has a massive responsibility on him because of this. He is basically implying everything the fandom is based on. He is the sample survey. He is the role model. He didn’t ask for it, but he got it when his blog became so popular.
People should be able to form their own opinions without others degrading them for it, or even others saying “ugh brony drama again”. It’s a serious issue, it’s not drama, it’s people being offended/triggered because of this entire thing.
Hopefully people have read this and understand where I’m coming from. Thanks for reading.
- smokeyninja likes this
- gallifreyansunsetsky reblogged this from audra-hime
- gallifreyansunsetsky likes this
- audra-hime reblogged this from fairykeis
- teatimepearls reblogged this from fairykeis
- welcomeback2squidward reblogged this from fairykeis
- peruru likes this
- crashing-through-the-4th-wall reblogged this from fairykeis
- fairykeis reblogged this from molliecoddle
- mayorprincess likes this
- princess-idol-mahoushoujo reblogged this from molliecoddle
- princess-idol-mahoushoujo likes this
- animalcrossingcuties likes this
- fairykeis likes this
- molliecoddle reblogged this from mlpfim-fanart
- icedude1994 likes this
- masarras likes this
- ticklemyrooster likes this
- fennecuskitsune likes this
- egg-nogstirmilkate reblogged this from daisyazuras
- nomoreparties likes this
- bdw25 reblogged this from xxxneckbeard360noscopexxx
- bdw25 likes this
- tsff21 likes this
- daisyazuras reblogged this from xxxneckbeard360noscopexxx and added:
- xxxneckbeard360noscopexxx reblogged this from lilfaux
- enirehtakey likes this
- zegathra likes this
- kuki-bunny reblogged this from lucidleafpeople
- ask-thunderbolt-blog likes this
- lovelikeacomicbook reblogged this from tipsie-gnostalgic
- lovelikeacomicbook likes this
- stormmodblog likes this
- rajulio likes this
- tipsie-gnostalgic reblogged this from mlpfim-fanart
- hugmelikeapanda178 reblogged this from mlpfim-fanart
- thisusernamebetterwork likes this
- zambiapocalypseuniverse reblogged this from mlpfim-fanart
- zambiapocalypseuniverse likes this
- theprincesstwilightsparkle likes this
- rancti likes this
- thebaconmaster69 likes this
- earthbound-applejack likes this
- odyzak likes this
- wordywarlock reblogged this from mlpfim-fanart
- wordywarlock likes this
- omninovastar likes this
- mintcarousel likes this
- misschrissycupcakes reblogged this from mlpfim-fanart